Monday, March 06, 2006

First Official Day In School

First Official Day In School

Had lessons from 11.30am to 3.30pm. Had SM tute and lecture and retail mgmt tute. SM is not sadomasochism ok? It stands for strategic management. Had a comfortable tute as there were almost equal number of Australians and Asians. But i met this China guy again, he calls himself Issac and he pronouces it in a bloody gay way. And he always tries to force the Australian accent out which is overbearing.

Anyway, there were group presentations and at first, i wanted to do on the topic for Singapore Airlines, or Wal-Mart or Microsoft. Guess what? the fuckin tutor didnt see me and gave all of them to the other. Everyone wanted to do Singapore Airlines. In the end, i got US TV. Which is actually quite good as well. Cos there are some relevance to my website. Day finally ended with a very boring SM lecture (Indian lecturer by the way).

Ended school, headed to the bank to change my mailing address and got a statement of account printed cos i was actually planning to change my service provider to Optus $49 cap. I went to the three shop after that and told them i wanted to terminate my account. In order to do so, i would have to pay the balance first. And it was a total of $84. But let me tell u a long story before i finally got to know that amount.

I had to call the notorious "3 Customer Care". Bearing in mind ALL of them are Indians who are ALL tryin to fake that American accent.

Indian No.1: Hi, this is Dominic (u gotta hear it in the Indian accent man, its fuckin funny!), how are you today?

Me: I'm fine, thanks. (Before he was going to do anymore chit-chaaating - indians like to do that. instead of chat, they pronouce it as chaat, like wtf?- i said) I would like to terminate my account, and therefore my purpose of this call is to know the balance that i have to pay, so that i will be able to do so. Will u be able to do that for me?

Indian No. 1: Yes sure, can u give me name/DOB and ur 4-digit pin number.

So i gave it to him.

Indian No.1: Ok, Mr Wong, before i transfer u to my "associate". I would like to find out the reason why you're cancelling your account. (wtf? i have to give a reason in order to justify my termination of account)

Me: Erm.. do i need to give u a reason for that?

Indian No.1: Well, we would like to find out what is your reason for terminating your account. Like fore example, are u unhappy with us? Is our customer service unsatifactory?

Me: Yes, i hate your customer service. please put me through to your associate now. Thank you.

Indian No. 1: yes, one moment please. thank you.

Indian No. 2: Hi, Mr Wong, how are you today?

Me: Fine, thanks.

Indian No.2: My colleague has talk to me about your situation. May i know the reason why ure terminating your account? (WTF!!! i just told that Indian No.1)

Me: Well, there isn't a need to ask for a reason. I just want to terminate my line, and that's it. I just need to know the balance and i want to terminate it as soon as possible.

Indian No.2: yes, i know Mr Wong. But we have to put a reason for ur termination of your account.

Me (sympathizing with them as it is not entirely their fault that they have to deal with customer with a list of phrases that they need to regurgitate to their customers): OK, just write there that i do not like your customer service and i just changed a new phone, so i do not wanna use three anymore and want to change to Optus cos they offer me a better deal.

Indian No.2: Thank you, Mr Wong. Can I have your name/DOB and ur 4-digit pin number please?

So i gave it to him again.

At the end of the 1-hr transferring and waiting, i still couldnt get it done. and this Indian No.3 comes onto the phone all of a sudden.

Indian No.3: Hi Mr Wong, this is Steve. My colleague has told me that u want to terminate your account. But what is your main reason for doing so?

Me: I dun like your customer service.

Indian No.3: What is it that you dun like our customer service?

Me (wanting to say because i talk to Indians when im actually paying for an Australian service!): Well, I have told you guys the reason twice and now i am even more angry at ur customer service. I called about an hour ago, wanting to terminate my account. and ALL i wanted to do was to TERMINATE MY ACCOUNT. and need to find out the balance so i will be able to do so. and you guys keep asking me about why i would like to terminate it. Ain't it obvious? I call to get something done. but u guys dragged for about an hour and now u still have not done what i wanted! and its such a simple thing! Why can't u guys just tell me how much the balance is and let me terminate the account?

High tension in the shop now. Everyone was looking at me. Even customers, and got 1 actually walk out (maybe because of what he heard, but i dun give a shit man).

This Indian No.3 really got knocked some sense into him. He gave me my balance and gave me my options, fuckin straight up. To be honest, it was some pretty amazing attractive options that i have. it would be even cheaper than me subscribin to Optus now. and in addition to that, i get a new phone. So i told him that i will leave my options open and dun erase anything from it (in case they remove the free upgrade again, and the next time i called, things changes again. Yes, they're that fucked up. things can just changed like that)

Bought my uni text, and headed back home. Walked along Glenferrie road as i havent explore my area. To my surprise, there were some similarities to Chapel St at South Yarra. There were quite a few Cafes around. and there was even a 24 hours Coles! quite hard to believe that they actually have a 24 hour shop here in Melbourne.
I ate at a place called Gri'lld. Order a burger, and it tasted pretty good. and it was filling even though it looks small. Actually took a picture but it was v blur cos i tink i was in a rush to get a bite on it.

Who wants to pay a visit? -hint to someone-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home